13 Things you (don’t really) need to know about the runner behind My Running Shorts:
- The runner strives to be, but is not quite a Zen.
- The runner is secretly a lazy chocolate-indulging TV-addict (who cancelled her cable subscription, on,y dot replace it with something far more dangerous – Netflix. She is especially happy when chocolate, TV, and running collide.
- The runner has approximately 17 pairs of ill-fitting running shoes in her
extremely smallurban-sized closet.
- The runner has a weakness for lame run slogan t-shirts (fast girls finish first!).
- The three words that best describe the runner are “on the side”.
- The runner has never consumed a cup of coffee or eaten a Big Mac, but has a weakness for animal cookies, which she cruelly eats head first.
- The runner’s marathons each have their own silly theme song. And sometimes a dance routine.
- The runner is all slow twitch and avoids race distances less than 21.1K in distance.
- The runner’s love affair with running is heartily enabled by her fast twitch Husband.
- The runner could maybe possibly go faster, but is too afraid of a flame-out to try.
- The runner used to be a mad scientist, but in the midst of a life crisis swapped the evil genius career for a new one. The one activity that maintained some degree of sanity (the Husband may disagree) during the transition was the long run.
- The runner does not usually refer to herself in the third person.
- This runner loves lists that are 13 items long. And prime numbers. And palindromes. And palindromic primes. And now kind of wants to crop the list to 11.