Another lazy Friday (i.e. I’m too lazy to write stuff and instead piggyback on the labour of others) brings you another ‘mixed tape’ of links to cool running stories that I read on the Internets in the past week.
Hint: coloured text is a hyper link to an awesome story. Click to reveal!
Super-Neato Runner’s Mix, Volume 2
- The power of a pre-race sardine snack. Assuming, of course, that sardines don’t make you retch.
- A kick ass Ironman triathlete/marathoner with a race plan for delivery. Baby delivery.
- “Moderate” amounts of booze delays muscle recovery! Now to define moderate ….
- 13 Things to hate about the holidays. Yes, the list includes sanctimonious advice on how to keep fit over the holidays. I am writing an article on how to get fat over the holidays. I expect my advice will be adopted quickly and enthusiastically.
- 40 exhilarating Reads for Runners. I’m adding Seoul to Soul, the Ben Johnson story, to the list because it sounds conspiracy theory awesome.
- Sometimes, like during an extreme cold alert, I need a reminder that I really do love winter running. Really. I do. Without sarcasm.